Error on upgrade from v6.1.0 to v6.20

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:14 PM
We noticed that the page title was not changing correctly in DNN7.3.4. So we upgraded to v6.2.0.

Now we get this error on the page localization module..

Error: PageLocalization is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: D:\WebsitesBuild\DNN7x\nbrightstore\htdocs\DesktopModules\Pagelocalization\PageLocalization.ascx(24): error BC30456: 'Page' is not a member of 'ASP.desktopmodules_pagelocalization_pagelocalization_ascx'. ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: D:\WebsitesBuild\DNN7x\nbrightstore\htdocs\DesktopModules\Pagelocalization\PageLocalization.ascx(24): error BC30456: 'Page' is not a member of 'ASP.desktopmodules_pagelocalization_pagelocalization_ascx'. at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.UI.ControlUtilities.LoadControl[T](TemplateControl containerControl, String ControlSrc) at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleControlFactory.LoadModuleControl(TemplateControl containerControl, ModuleInfo moduleConfiguration) at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.LoadModuleControl() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Any ideas how to solve this?
Mar 24, 2015 at 3:12 PM
OK, I've downloaded the source and was unable to compile against DNN 7.3. So I've compiled against DNN6 and then it started to work again in DNN7.

Not sure what's the "official" DNN verison this should be compiled against, but it looks like the install packaged for v6.2.0 is wrong in some way???
Developer
Mar 24, 2015 at 5:45 PM
Do you using dot.net framework 4 in your visual studio project when you complie ?
Mar 24, 2015 at 5:49 PM
Target framework is set to .Net 3.5. I upgraded to vs2012 as well.
Apr 2, 2015 at 2:20 PM
Ok, I managed to get a more sensible error message.

Could Not Load Skin: /Portals/0-System/Skins/NWB_coudert/normal.ascx, Error: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\995a8fc1\e4cffd4c\App_Web_mlpagetitle.ascx.4b2074a7.zizp7dhq.0.vb(59): error BC32206: The project currently contains references to more than one version of DotNetNuke, a direct reference to version 7.3.4.45 and an indirect reference (through 'Apollo.DNN.SkinObjects.MLPageTitle') to version 7.4.0.353. Change the direct reference to use version 7.4.0.353 (or higher) of DotNetNuke.

Looks like v6.2.0 has been compiled against dnn7.4 and hence broken backward compatibility with older version.
Developer
Apr 2, 2015 at 6:55 PM
Yes, because it is a special version for dnn 7.4.

And i not sure this version can be used with older version tof dnn.

Try to use version v6.1
Apr 3, 2015 at 8:00 AM
OK I see. It does compile against earlier vesions of DNN. So I don't know what you''ve changed, but could it be made backward compatible?