Page Localization, not saving a langauge update.

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM
This title of this is a litle "wrong", it does save, but always returns the DNN fallback lanaguge.

The issue here is if you have a language in DNN with a fallback, the PageLocalization always seems to return this fallback langauge, even if you enter data for the selected language in PL.

The solution is simple, make all your languages in DNN fallback to the system default (unless your sure you want the fall back to always appear when in the selected lanaguge.)

I supose this is a catch22...but the way pagelocalization deals with this situation means that it looks like the PageLocalization has not saved your entry for the langauge, because it always shows you the fallback langauge in the Back Office. Maybe PL should also show what it have saved in the BO and only use the fallback from the website display......maybe even a message that it's using a fallabck language in the PL back office.
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM
The statement I've made above is incorrect...there is something else going on. I have a DNN installation of 6.2.6 with 1 portals working OK, with the Page names and page title changing.

Another portal on the same installation has the page names changing, but not the page title, despite all the required data being in the PageLocalization tables and that data displaying when you go into the page localization module to edit it.

I'm not sure what's happening at the moment, if anyone does please post something to point me in the right direction. I've just loaded the source onto my dev machine....(where I can recreate the same issue). I'll try and get time to have a look into it.

But if anyone has an idea of what's going on please let me know. thx.

Dave.
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM
hehe...Sorry false alarm... our designer build the skin a long time ago, before we used PL, and forgot about putting in ...

<%@ Register TagPrefix="dnn" TagName="MLPAGETITLE" Src="~/DesktopModules/PageLocalization/MLPageTitle.ascx" %>

<dnn:MLPAGETITLE runat="server" ID="MLPAGETITLE1" />

Updating the skin solved the problem.....So I suppose the first post is still correct.

Dave.
Developer
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Dave,

You know, that you have to change your skin for page title ?

See documentation tab

http://pagelocalization.codeplex.com/documentation

Sacha
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Hi Sacha,

yep...just checking that as you where writing :-) (See my post above!)

thx.