Question about installing

Nov 25, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Hi,

At this moment I use ds-localization.

- Can I install Apollo PageLocalization next to this, or must I uninstall dslocalization first?

- Must I modify my skin for the breadcrumbs and meta page title or is this not neccesary anymore with the latest release?

- If I have "Enabled" content localization in DNN, is it then possible to use the Apollo PageLocalization?

With regards, Ton

Developer
Nov 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Hi Ton,

- Can I install Apollo PageLocalization next to this, or must I uninstall dslocalization first?

> You can install next to dslocalization and disable it. But it make no realy sense.

- Must I modify my skin for the breadcrumbs and meta page title or is this not neccesary anymore with the latest release?

> yes you have to make modifications to you slin. Very simple modifications : http://pagelocalization.codeplex.com/documentation

- If I have "Enabled" content localization in DNN, is it then possible to use the Apollo PageLocalization?

> No, it make no sense. You have to chose one or the other solution.

> content localization in DNN, duplicate all pages / Apollo, dont duplicate pages and need modules with manage ML intern

Regards,

Sacha

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Hi Sacha,

I asking this because I want to switch from dslocalization to Apollo PageLocalization.

The steps to do so are:

- install Apollo PageLocalization
- Edit all the neccesary settings in AP.
- Then disable ds-localization
- Enable AP
- Check if everything works OK
- Uninstall ds-localization.

I have installed DNN version 6.1.5.
Is the above logic to do?
Do you think I have something else to do?

With regards, Ton

Developer
Nov 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Ton,

I have no realy experience with your workflow.

If you use the standard DNN menu skinobject, Apolo is enabled automaticaly.

So you can not enabled only after edit all neccerary settings in AP.

Apollo don't have all the functionalities DSLocalizator have. Like module title localization,.... so i hope you dont need them.

Regards Sacha

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Except if you use MLHTML; in that case you can localize the html module titles.

By the way, what's the latest mlhtml module version and where is it?

Franco

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM

@Ton - DSLocalizator does more than this pagelocalization.
I do intend to move to using this for all new sites, but because DSLocalizator alters the default.aspx (A big reason I want to start using pagelocalizator) switching an existing DNN instasll my cause you an issue.  I've never tried upgrading an existing DNN install from DSLocalizator, but my idea is to start using this pagelocaliztor for new installations, and only move my existing installations when and if I rebuild them.
I also have an advantage, where I have in-house modules that are localizable.
NB_store (which I know you use) will work nice with this pagelocalizator, but you may have issues with other modules.  Hopefully I'll have NB_Store v3 released early next year, which will need a rebuilt if you upgrade. It might be an idea to wait until them before you switch.

Also DNN6.1.5 has an issue with windows8 and IE10 login, I suggest you upgrade to DNN6.2.4 if you can.

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM
Hi Dave,

I will wait for the new version of NB-Store.
Then I will upgrade to Apollo PageLocalization.

The other modules I use on my site are all multi language modules.
(Except the feedback module)

I cannot upgrade to DNN6.2.*
Due some reasons, when I upgrade to DNN 6.2.*, then the flags to choose a language are not responding.
That is the point where the DS-Localization fails to work.

I 'am now busy to check what I have to do for the transfer to the Apollo PageLocalization.
It seems that I have to build the site from scratch again.
Thanks for letting me know.

"The job is never done till the paper is finisched"! :-)

With regards, Ton

2012/11/25 leedavi <notifications@codeplex.com>

@Ton - DSLocalizator does more than this pagelocalization.
I do intend to move to using this for all new sites, but because DSLocalizator alters the default.aspx (A big reason I want to start using pagelocalizator) switching an existing DNN instasll my cause you an issue. I've never tried upgrading an existing DNN install from DSLocalizator, but my idea is to start using this pagelocaliztor for new installations, and only move my existing installations when and if I rebuild them.
I also have an advantage, where I have in-house modules that are localizable.
NB_store (which I know you use) will work nice with this pagelocalizator, but you may have issues with other modules. Hopefully I'll have NB_Store v3 released early next year, which will need a rebuilt if you upgrade. It might be an idea to wait until them before you switch.

Also DNN6.1.5 has an issue with windows8 and IE10 login, I suggest you upgrade to DNN6.2.4 if you can.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Pagelocalization@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Pagelocalization@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com